Wednesday 1 October 2014

My Favourite Raw Dip/Sauce Recipe Of The Moment

Hi there,

I don't do many recipes but I thought I would share one with you.  It is quite simple and can be used in a number of different ways.

Unfortunately I don't have exact measurements but you can experiment and find an amount you like.

So here it is:

Ingredients:

Tomatoes
Tahini
Celery
Dates
Optional Spices

It can be as simple as just the tomatoes and tahini, there is something great in that combination. The additional things give it something extra.

Directions:

Blend a roughly equal volume of tomatoes and celery and a generous drop of tahini together.  Add some mild chili, a date or two and perhaps some lemon juice or other herbs.

That's it!

This can be used as a salad dressing or as a dip (cut up some cauliflower and courgette/zuchinni or any veggies of your choice to use as chips).  One of my favourite things is to dip florets of cauliflower in the sauce then dehydrate them for a couple of hours.

Try it out and let me know what you think.

Yours fruitastically,

Ronnie Smith

PS

Please subscribe to in the box to the right!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this recipe. I’m heading to the store and will try this tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, how did you ever find this site. Not been on it in years. My new blog is at fruitfest.co.uk

      Delete