Monday 15 September 2014

The True Secrets Of Juicing And Juice Fasting

I saw a recent video by a guy called Andrew Perlot in which he spoke about the science behind drinking juice.

He seems to be saying that there is not a lot of positive information on the benefits of juicing or juice fasting, or rather it is not better than eating fruits and vegetables in their whole state.

Personally I have never done a juice fast or a juice cleanse and I do not really ever make or drink green juices.  I think it is a fantastic thing for someone coming from the standard diet to embrace but not better than smoothies or whole fruits.

I also don't really connect with the idea of trying to maximise or increase the amount of nutrients you take in by juicing massive amounts of greens and vegetables into a small concentrated liquid form.

Also fibre is an essential component in our digestive mechanism and removing it through juicing can compromise this.

In saying all this I drink an awful lot of fruit juice on this lifestyle.  Particularly Orange juice of which there are now "fresh" i.e unpasteurised options available in the supermarket but I also have pasteurised juice.

 It is not something I prefer to fruit and is an example of the kind of "back up" plan I use.  Also it is available everywhere so is always an option for Fruitarians and raw vegans who are out and about or at social events.

I think at some point I will up my game a bit and leave the pasteurised juice behind for good.

In saying all of this my good friend Andy Cowan is starting a juice bar in Edinburgh soon called "Juicefiend" and he has even had an interview already for it.

I guess he may want to keep his plans secret for now so I won't say anything more but I am sure you will hear more about it soon.

He ran a fruitluck in Edinburgh recently and apparently it was a great success.  8 people turned up which is great for a group that has just started.

We will have a Fruitluck this Saturday at the Botanic gardens in Glasgow at 1pm.  Bring some fruit to share and enjoy some fruit and conversation with the rest of the group.

Here is a link to the meetup site:    http://www.meetup.com/Glasgow-Fruitluck/

I hope to see you there or at a future event.

Yours in fruitful abundance,

Ronnie

PS If you would like to connect more and get updates and news please fill in at least your first name and email in the box to the right hand side of this blog.  You will get some cool free stuff from me for trusting me with your info.

No comments:

Post a Comment